We are looking for a diligent Senior Accountant to head our accounting department. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records, conducting internal audits, account reconciliation, collect and review employee payroll information, calculate wages, prepare and process employee payments, and maintain accurate payroll records to properly manage our budget and accounts payable.
To be successful our Senior Accountant should be able to investigate and resolve payroll issues, accurately maintain a general ledger, adhere to strict company and regulatory standards, and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
An outstanding Senior Accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, analytical skills with a high numerical aptitude.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Collecting timesheet data and payroll information.
- Entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs.
- Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
- Preparing and processing paychecks and cash deposits.
- Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Preparing and distributing income statements.
- Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
- Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations.
- Preparing financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
Senior Accountant Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 5-7years’ experience in accounting or public accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience working in payroll or a similar role.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices.
- Experience working with accounting and payroll software (ADP Run and Quickbooks)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. The Company reserves the rights to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles, as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business